Friday, October 28, 2011

Dunkin' Berliner is a Big Fat Whore

Yes, ladies and gentle readers, I have officially placed my ass on the auction block. To whit: I have turned this here free word smithery into an ad-ridden neon hell hole.  And my hole is for sale to anyone who clicks on any of the ads on this page.

Why in the flying fuck did you do it, db?  Well, in two years only two people clicked on the 'buy me a donut' button (thanks Mom and Old High School Buddy).  I was starting to feel unappreciated.  Even the comments were becoming fewer and farther between.  The economy is rough.  The devil made me do it.  I blame the boooooooze!  From now on, you will see 'relevant ads' splashed all over this blog like bodily fluids in a bar toilet.

I did it for another reason:  comic value.  When I write a post about donuts, I should expect a Dunkin' Donuts ad to magically appear below my post, beckoning my followers into her glazed and sparkly den of donut iniquity. But since most of my posts are about Deutschbags, sheisse and generally heinous humor, I can't wait to see the resulting 'relevent' ads.  Deutschbag posts should be followed by Deutsche Bahn train promotions and sheisse posts should be followed by some equally shitty advertisements.

Either way, click on an ad and make this whore happy.  I get a penny a click or some dumbass amount, so if you can't afford to send me a buck for a freakin' donut, by all means, pay a whore a compliment and click me, baby.  Click me REEEEEEEAAAAALLLLLLL GOOOOOOOOOOOD.

db

5 comments:

  1. Ah, don't feel bad! I'm an "advertiser" for Amazon products via "buy links." But you're right...not much money from those clicks.

    For a few months this year, California took away the privilege of doing the Amazon buy links...and I was about to shut down my Blogger sites.

    But then Jerry Brown returned the privilege to us, and you'll now see those links again!

    Good luck...and we have to get our pennies wherever we can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am shocked, flabbergasted even... You're American - why has it taken so long?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all BOTH clicked on the ad for Ex-Lax and Metamucil, right? It would help me be Craptastic if you would. Dankeverymuch.

    db

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blog about being gay a lot, because being gay automatically makes you interesting, right? Google AdSense always dished up lots of links to pray-the-gay-away ministries and depression drugs.

    I wrote them to say they should flick the switch in the opposite direction. That they should include only ads that helped you pray the straight away, and then think the pray away. That gay was a synonym for happy, not an antonym.

    They never replied. So I ditched them, and now I need to do other things for money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you blog about being gay to influence the ads and thus garner more cash? That would make you 'gay for pay' and that's probably not the easiest gig (but what do I know?). Apparently 'gay' used to mean happy in the dictionary, now society defines it as meaning homosexual. But hey, good work with goosing the Google ad bastards. I can't believe they're not hip to advertising to the gay community. I mean, y'all made huge strides in acceptance in the mainstream media--every other TV show/movie has gay/lesbian characters, so why is Google so homophobic? Your ad money is green, not pink, so who gives a shit?

    db

    ReplyDelete